Reporting to: Registered Manager and Service Manager
Salary: Up to £28,800-£32,400 for 216 hours
Do you have what it takes to become an exceptional part of a residential child care company and making a difference to the lives of the children and young people that we care for?
Meadows Care are one of the UK’s leading therapeutic residential childcare providers, with a network of homes based across Birmingham. As a Deputy Manager you will work alongside the Registered Manager to ensure the home complies with all legislation and current Government guidelines.
We offer a comprehensive training package that will enable you to develop your skills to work therapeutically with our young people. You will be required to develop close working relationships with the therapists, working systemically, and ensuring you will be contributing to the delivery of a comprehensive ‘therapeutic service’ within Meadows Care.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of dedicated experienced Deputy Managers to assist us in the promotion of good childcare practice in accordance with our extremely high company standards.
Meadows are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and passion for high quality childcare.
Please note flexibility is essential, as applicants must be able to work on a rota basis which will include weekends, sleepovers and bank holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and satisfactory references.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, over 19 years of age and proof of any relevant documentation will be required at interviews.
Shift pattern: Shifts are 24 hours inclusive of sleep ins. Shifts will be provided on a rota basis.
The role requires flexibility in order to meet the needs and requirements of our model of care.
What you will be doing:
- Providing one to one residential and support therapeutic care for children and young people who are from a background of trauma and neglect.
- To deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence of Annual Leave or sickness only in matters relating to the day-to-day running of the home, attending meetings including Registered Manager meetings.
- To be responsible for the physical, social, and emotional well-being of the child/children.
- To participate in children’s daily routines e.g., planning children’s activities, arranging medical appointments, liaising with third parties to the organisation including schools and social workers etc.
- Working holistically with care, education, and therapy to achieve the best possible outcomes for the child.
- Working with a team and manager to ensure the children in your care have all their needs and requirements met.
- Ensuring all Safeguarding responsibilities are met.
- Maintaining appropriate and accurate records and reports.
- Shift length may vary- up to 24 hour shifts.
- To be on call in line with the on call rota.
- The opportunity to be part of a child’s life
- Excellent salary increments in line with transparent grade and career progression.
- Attendance Bonus Scheme.
- Comprehensive onboarding and training plan in a variety of disciplines (including Safeguarding, Clinical Understanding, Health & Wellbeing and Behaviour Management) to give you the autonomy to change a child’s life.
- Full certified PPR and behavioural de-escalation training will be provided to give you the tools and ability to manage challenging behaviours.
- Pension Scheme.
- Wellness programme (including free annual health screening, dental, therapy, podiatry, acupuncture, and option to include family members after 6months).
- Refer a friend incentive schemes.
- Employee of the month / year scheme
Meadows Care promotes child protection and the safeguarding of children through the services it provides to our children. This job offers you the opportunity to be part of a child’s life, please consider this carefully as our children deserve consistency and commitment from adults that have space in their lives for the next few years.
As part of our Safer Recruitment process, you must complete an application form, a CV alone is not sufficient. Please complete this form to apply: Form
Up to £28,800-£32,400 for 216 hours